Sunday, April 04, 2021

Easter: the scars of His suffering...

Christ is Risen!

He is risen indeed! 


As I celebrate Easter, I am reminded of the extreme sacrifice Jesus made for me, visualizing the pain and suffering He endured on the cross, in order to restore the relationship between man and God. 


John 20:19-20

“On the evening of that first day of the week, when the disciples were together, with the doors locked for fear of the Jewish leaders, Jesus came and stood among them and said, “Peace be with you!” After he said this, he showed them his hands and side. The disciples were overjoyed when they saw the Lord.”


Jesus appears to His disciples, showing them His hands and His side. His scars. Evidence of the brutalities He suffered. The resurrected and restored Jesus bears the scars of His suffering. He suffered for my sake. His deepest pain became the greatest gift of love to me, to you, to us. I rejoice in His triumphant resurrection and the hope I have of a life spent with Him.


I am forever grateful. 


Christ is risen. 

He is risen indeed.


Happy Easter! May His love be made real to you today. He is our Hope and our Strength. 

No comments:

~ Act Justly. Love Mercy. Walk Humbly. micah 6:8 ~