Monday, July 25, 2005

Birthday in SL

Yes, this past Saturday I celebrated my 28th birthday. The fun actually started on Friday morning when I walked to my office and noticed a fully decorated door- with balloons and a poster - my nurses and receptionist came in early to decorate. They later surprised me with a gift- a real African outfit! In the afternoon I decided to take them out for ice cream; there’s a local ice cream shop 5 minutes from the ACFC, with great home made ice cream (and it hasn’t made me sick yet!). On Saturday I woke up way too early- but couldn’t get back to sleep, so much for sleeping in. My parents spoiled me with various gifts- including yet another African outfit and a tie-dye skirt. Later in the morning Gisela, my parents and I went to Crown Bakery- a great bakery in town that I had not yet been too. We enjoyed a great brunch there. In the afternoon I spent time making cookies. It was a bit rainy- but not a problem since I wasn’t planning on going anywhere anyway. In the evening the New Steps gang came over and joined all of us at our team house for dessert. Gisela made me the most amazing chocolate cake! And my mom made a delicious apple pie. Plenty of sweet stuff to go around! It was a very enjoyable day. It felt very much like a birthday- and it was nice to once again have some family around to celebrate with. Thanks to all of you that remembered my b-day and made the day special!


birthday treats!

2 comments:

Carmen said...

Hey Sandra!
I'm happy you had such a wonderful day! Lot's of love from Holland!
Carmen

Anonymous said...

Once again....a tropical birthday!
The food looks great!! And we think it sounds like it was very "gezellig" :)
We thought of you here in Holland... We ate some friet for you, you would have really enjoyed it I'm sure!!
Great that you had a nice day and were thought of by so many people!

groetjes van ons drietjes
Mariska

~ Act Justly. Love Mercy. Walk Humbly. micah 6:8 ~