Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Freedom and more...

Today I enjoyed eating strawberries. I will miss strawberries. I also babysat two of my nieces this afternoon. And when I told one of them that I was eating elsewhere for dinner, she said she would miss me. Let's not even mention going to Africa. Yes, they have been told I am going back and yes, I will miss them. Another thing I thought of today that I would miss is my freedom. That might sound strange as I am traveling to Africa, as free as a bird, looking adventure in the eye, but it's true, I will miss my freedom. Biking around town, walking outside for an hour and not being hassled, going for a run in the evenings along the pastures. That's the freedom I will miss. The freedom of being out in the open doors, on my own, without having to worry about my safety or constantly being hassled. This is something I'll have to get used to again. Don't get me wrong, I'm still glad I'm going and I love life in Africa, it just takes a little getting used to. And yes, there are definitely amazingly beautiful places to go to that are safe and hassle free (for the most part). As far as the strawberries go, well, I'll just have to eat some more tomorrow and savor the moment. 5 days and counting...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Next time you eat strawberries can you eat a few for me to (and add some for dad :) ) I am sure you will do great once again back in Africa, we will be praying for you and joining and following your adventures by blog or skype. Love from Haiti. Mama

~ Act Justly. Love Mercy. Walk Humbly. micah 6:8 ~