Monday, September 06, 2010

Rainy view from the balcony...


August is said to be the month with the heaviest rainfall in Sierra Leone. Yes, it did rain, but honestly, it was not too bad. I am sure I have been through worse rainy seasons. Needless to say, we did get a fair share of rain and the fact that they broke up our road to construct proper drainage along both sides made it all the more muddy. The rains may be starting to lessen (I think) and the contractors are a week or so out from finishing the drainage system, just in time for next rainy season! No, likely we’ll still have a good bit of rain in September and then come the spectacular lightning and thunderstorms in October. I actually don’t mind it too much, except for the dampness in the house and the mold appearing on my shoes and clothes. I suppose I am looking forward to the sunny days…

No comments:

~ Act Justly. Love Mercy. Walk Humbly. micah 6:8 ~