Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas...


Thanks to friends in Sierra Leone for making this Christmas special.
I enjoyed a wonderful Christmas eve carols & lessons gathering yesterday.
Followed by a spread of Christmas goodies- including snickerdoodle cookies, cakes, truffels, decorated sugar cookies (so fun!), apple cakes, etc.
I then had a lovely (late!) dinner with two friends in Aberdeen.
Christmas morning I almost tripped over a stocking that had been placed in front of my door.
Sweet!
My housemate and I sat in the living room like little kids unpacking our stockings.
Chocolates, sweets, balloons, inflatable beach ball, and other fun items brought smiles to our faces.
This afternoon I had a lovely Christmas lunch/dinner ("lunner") at the Aberdeen's Women Centre (my former residence) with a great group of people.
I had the opportunity to skype with my parents, sister, nieces, brother, sister-in-law and grandma.
It's been a lovely Christmas despite being far from family.
Not sure what tomorrow will bring.
I'm working on Monday and Friday but heading off to an island Tuesday through Thursday.
Can't wait to spend a few days away from Freetown.
Merry Christmas to all!

1 comment:

Marianne said...

So happy you had a wonderful Christmas. Hope the days too the island will be special as well. Love oyu lots, mama

~ Act Justly. Love Mercy. Walk Humbly. micah 6:8 ~