Friday, March 29, 2013

Good Friday at River 2...

River 2 is an amazing place. One of my colleagues who works extremely hard and hasn't been out of Freetown for a while took today off, so I decided to arrange a beach trip. Osman drove 4 of us there and picked us up later. It was a lovely day. Sitting, chatting, resting, swimming. The scenery is really stunning: mountains, forest, palm trees, river, beach, ocean. Pretty perfect. 

I took some time to reflect. I was reminded that no matter what I do, I am forgiven. What Jesus went through on this remembrance day many years ago - the suffering, the pain, the grief, His death - is my saving grace. I am thankful for what He did/does for me. It is a comfort to know that even though I make mistakes (over and over) I can go to Him and I can be certain that He hears me.






No comments:

~ Act Justly. Love Mercy. Walk Humbly. micah 6:8 ~