Friday, November 03, 2006

Some pictures...

The top pic is of me and 8 month old Fatmata, daughter of one of the VVF patients. Fatmata was on the ward with her mom for about 3 weeks. She came in with malaria and bullous impetigo (a bacterial skin infection) but soon got better. I visited her on the ward everyday and was always happy to find her smiling. What more could a doctor ask for. Besides another episode of impetigo she was quite healthy. And she learned to wave while at the clinic!

The other picture is of my parents, Stefan and me; taken just before Stefan was leaving us to go back to Connecticut. It was sad to see him go but fortunately I’ll see him again in about 7 weeks. I love my brother! It’ll be fun to hang out with him in the USA and to meet Genae, his sweetheart.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep it up doc! Cute pictures, don't know who is cuter you or the baby :)
love

Anonymous said...

First time I see those tie-dyed clothes on a kid. Must have been glady glady day?? It's good to see you so happy - on both pictures.

~ Act Justly. Love Mercy. Walk Humbly. micah 6:8 ~