Tuesday, October 31, 2006

My Protege...

Yesterday and today were busy days. I left the house at 7:30am, started work at 8am, finished work at about 7pm and arrived home at 7:30pm. I saw a total of 111 patients. I must say, between 2 and 4 pm I got a little frustrated/irritated/quick tempered when I realized how many patients I still needed to see. That’s when history taking in Krio gets a little annoying and I realize how little patience I have at times. Once the clock struck 5 I realized it didn’t even matter anymore; I just knew it was going to get late, everyone else has gone home already and I just had a little more work to do. Besides, by that time it’s fun to socialize with the patients/parents a bit as they’re waiting for the last lab results and medication. After all, they’ve been waiting all day too.

The day's best moment was with Emmanuella- who first came in August 2005 and is now 1 year 4 months old. Let’s just say she’s my protégé. While I was listening to her chest with my stethoscope she decided to take the other end of it and listen as well! Bright child! It was a welcome moment of laughter!

2 comments:

Jacqueline said...

Way to go San!!! En wat een schatje!!

Anonymous said...

Sandra, if I didn't know you I would say, what a crazy girl!! But since I know you I say try to slow down small small!!! Is this Hawanatu's girl???

~ Act Justly. Love Mercy. Walk Humbly. micah 6:8 ~