Friday, April 06, 2007

Final visit to the Anastasis...

So, last June when I joined the Anastasis for what I then thought was the 'final sail', I also thought it was my final goodbye. Well...not quite. I have been given/taken the opportunity to go to the Anastasis one more time. Seeing as the ship is in Liberia, my neighboring country, a couple of us are going to the ship for Easter. I will leave Freetown tomorrow and be onboard until Thursday. It'll be great to be on the ship again; believe it or not every time I go back it really does still feel like home. I guess that's not strange after living onboard for 14 years. Anyway, this really will be the last time, as the ship will be decommissioned very soon. Here’s a picture of some of the memorabilia I have already collected. Now I am off once more to make my last journey back in time…remembering the past and finally, closing this chapter in my life. Sentimental, I know.

1 comment:

Jacqueline said...

hey San, je bent nu op de Anastasis! Leuk dat je er nog een keertje heen kon gaan. Geniet ervan, en neem nog wat herinneringen mee:) liefs jacqueline

~ Act Justly. Love Mercy. Walk Humbly. micah 6:8 ~