Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving...

I’ll end the day with a list of 10 things I am thankful for today.

  1. The lovely Thanksgiving dinner at the Aberdeen Women’s Centre this evening including turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, cranberry sauce, stuffing and pumpkin pie!
  2. The opportunity to work with Sierra Leoneans and join them in making improvements in pediatric care at the Children’s Hospital.
  3. The little bit of water supplied by Guma Water Company every third day or so since it’s better than nothing.
  4. Being able to use the Internet connection at the Aberdeen clinic in order to send the 12 MB hospital database to someone in Canada for reporting purposes.
  5. Having an excellent driver who takes us to and from work and who I can always call in the evenings or weekends if I need a ride (for a little bit of extra cash).
  6. The patients in the hospital that made me smile today.
  7. Thankful for cell phones and text messaging.
  8. That although my niece has been admitted to hospital, she is in Holland and not in a hospital here where I would worry about her even more. (Hoping she gets well quickly)
  9. For my family.
  10. And finally, for a network of friends here in Sierra Leone, both expats and Sierra Leoneans.

No comments:

~ Act Justly. Love Mercy. Walk Humbly. micah 6:8 ~