Sunday, June 12, 2011

Spur road & Lumley beach run...

This past week has been rather busy and I've been out every evening. This means I have not been able to fit any runs into my schedule. So, seeing as I am unoccupied this afternoon and don't have any plans till 8 pm, I should probably head out for a run.


This time I am going to start running at Bottom Mango roundabout in Wilberforce, about a 7 minute walk from my house and then run down Spur Road to reach Lumley. I've done this before and it was quite enjoyable; one can't complain when running downhill. Last time I ran through Lumley but that was a bit of a mistake. It involved having to dodge too many vehicles and humans. Also, the road works are still in progress and so one has to watch every step as to not fall on the rocky road. Today I'll just walk through Lumley, to the second roundabout and then take a right down to the beach road. I'll walk past Ice Ice Baby and Fish Fish Baby, past Isha's shop (a friend who sells fabric and necklaces) and past the SOS Children's village and greet the disabled children playing in their yard. Once I reach Atlantic I'll continue my run down the beach or on the road (if it's high tide). I'll run as far as my lungs and legs will take me and then walk down the stretch of the beach until I get to Aberdeen. I'll buy a bag of cold water along the way for 200 Leones (5 cents) to rehydrate! In Aberdeen I'll get a taxi to Congo Cross and another taxi from Congo Cross to Wilberforce. This is the plan. Let's see what happens.

No comments:

~ Act Justly. Love Mercy. Walk Humbly. micah 6:8 ~