Saturday, May 25, 2013

Trip upcountry in Guinea...

A while back, when I knew accreditation of the hospital would take place in April, I decided I would need a week off to recover. Well, of course the accreditation date changed to May, but I wasn't going to change my plans. The main reason not to change my plans was because of Junior's surgery. So, the trip went ahead and I spent three days in Conakry on the ship and was able to watch Junior's surgery. Then early Wednesday morning Osman and I got in the car and made the 8 hour journey to his parents' village (where I went last November as well). It was great to see his family again. His three brothers were already there - they have been working on building a house for his parents (which Os has been saving money for and still is...). It was nice to be away from the city. There were mangos, avocados and oranges everywhere. It was great to be able to sit and eat the fruit right off of the trees. Delicious. We spent a lot of time chatting and discussing the house, and watching a television series in the evening. Of course, the usual visits to Os' family were made - sometimes I joined, sometimes I stayed behind. It was a great break. After three days in the village we headed back to Conakry to pick up Junior!



No comments:

~ Act Justly. Love Mercy. Walk Humbly. micah 6:8 ~