Saturday, September 20, 2008

No power and lots of rain...

So, as exciting as life can be in Africa I have to be honest and say that today was NOT one of those days. Once our generator was turned off at 10 this morning we were stuck without electricity. And it wasn't until 7 1/2 hours later that the national power authority decided to make us happy and give us power.

Now, don't get me wrong, I know there is a lot more to do besides things that require power but the fact that this is rainy season definitely narrows down the options. So, the options of internet, movies, beach, pool were pretty much out. I could go to town to do some fabric shopping but did that last Saturday and wasn't really up to the craziness. The options of using my laptop to do offline stuff and the option of listening to music were very shortlived since my laptop battery died after about an hour as did my ipod. So, I spent some time reading, writing and sitting in our gazebo talking to some of my housemates. All in all not a bad day, just not very eventful. I'll just say I am glad I'm not someone who gets bored easily! And hopefully next Saturday the sun will come out and we can enjoy a day at the beach...

No comments:

~ Act Justly. Love Mercy. Walk Humbly. micah 6:8 ~