Wednesday, April 01, 2009

My new name...

I have been here for over 4 years now and still have not been given a Salone name. I suppose since my name is fairly easy, there has not been much need for a Sierra Leonean name. However, I did think it would be fun to have one.

After our outpatient clinic staff meeting on Wednesday- which was a bit of serious talk and lots of fun (I love my staff) – I mentioned to my three nurses to think of a Salone name for me. They start coming with very bizarre names that I had never heard of and would likely forget very quickly! To make things easier, I suggested they choose on that begins with an ‘S’. They rattled off some more names I have never heard of. And I must say, after having seen over 13,000 kids in the clinic over the past years, I have heard a lot of names. I suggested they think of one a little more common. And then one of my nurses said: “How about Saffiatu?” And I replied saying: “I will take that one”. Saffiatu it is.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love that name - your nick name could be
"SAFFI"
love mama

~ Act Justly. Love Mercy. Walk Humbly. micah 6:8 ~