Monday, December 21, 2009

Registered for the 8 km run...

I just registered myself for the 8 km run that is taking place on December 26th. I also saw that the run will be over the dunes, on the beach and on sidewalks and bike paths. This could make it an even more interesting and challenging run! Another challenge could be the weather as we have had snow over the past few days and many roads/paths are now VERY slippery. I'll do my best to run as fast as I can, but it might end up being even slower than my usual pace which is fairly slow already. : )


My goal: to finish. My motivation: raising money for a well for a community in a developing country through my campaign: http://mycharitywater.org/sandralako

Join me. Sponsor my run. Give up a few gifts. Give lots of clean water.

1 comment:

suzanne said...

Hi Sandra,
I so wanted to be in contact with you before now....however the deeply embedded propensity to procrastinate caught hold of me once again.

I was looking for your email address but don't see it, I'll leave mine and maybe we can chat, I've read back through some of your blogs (actually read it regularly too before joining MS).
Thanks for your comments this year, I'm sure you know the way a burden is somehow shared with complete strangers when someone reaches out with some kind words.

Take care, Merry Christmas!
Suzanne
suzanne.zickell@gmail.com

~ Act Justly. Love Mercy. Walk Humbly. micah 6:8 ~