Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Favorite pictures & moving on...









Above are my favorite pictures from my time in Haiti. And my favorite memories are also with the children I met in the post-op ward. I have tried to reflect and process my trip through the stories I have posted on my blog. Sharing events that took place, special moments, daily activities, frustrations, prayer requests. Of course there are many more stories to tell and I hope to be able to share those in the future (as well as share stories with family and friends in person). But right now it is time for me to move on, at least for now, as I prepare to go to Switzerland for a week of relief orientation with Medair. The time has come to focus on something new and pour my heart and energy into something else. This does not mean I will forget about Haiti. Never. The memories will remain with me. And each of these children has a place in my heart. I will continue to pray for them and for their country. And hopefully I can do more for them in the future. I will continue to seek God for direction for my future, wherever that may be. It is in His hands, just like each of these children (and those not pictured) are. These children are entrusted to His care. His shelter. His love. His comfort. His healing touch.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

~ Act Justly. Love Mercy. Walk Humbly. micah 6:8 ~