Saturday, October 16, 2010

Vacation...

20 days, 8 different beds, 1 wedding, 1 funeral, 2 birthdays and family time.

That pretty much sums up my vacation. The holiday was different than expected, mostly due to the death of my grandpa and the emotions that came with that and the time that took away from our immediate family but overall it was still a good time away. It was quite hectic though, moving around a lot, trying to plan around kids’ schedules, jet lags, trip to London etc. My time in the UK was great and Vez & Rob's wedding was fantastic. And as a family we did manage to go to the beach for a walk, eat at a Dutch pancake house, go to a family reunion (mom’s side), go for bike rides, etc. There was also some work to be done since I left Freetown in a busy period and some stuff just needed some attention. I didn’t mind though and am looking forward to being back. Despite the craziness and not having time to travel around and see friends I did enjoy spending time with my family especially since this was the first time we were all together since my brother’s wedding in 2007. I loved watching my nephew and nieces play together and seeing my parents with all of their grandchildren. Many firsts. We had some good times and fun photos to show for it. Hopefully it won’t be another 3 years before my family meets up again…it’s just difficult to plan when it involves families (small children and school-going children) and with us living in 4 different countries. We’ll make it happen though…

No comments:

~ Act Justly. Love Mercy. Walk Humbly. micah 6:8 ~