Monday, July 04, 2011

Starbucks in Africa...

YEAH! I finally managed to get Becky and Fred on the ship for Starbucks. Just over a week ago now, the three of us and a VSO friend headed across town to pay a visit to some of my friends on the ship and to enjoy some of the luxuries (in our eyes!). We had dinner in the canteen (spaghetti with meat in the sauce!) and then hurried off on the tour. I know to the crew, a tour is not so exciting, but to us Freetowners, the ship is amazing. Normal things have become luxuries to us. Television, internet, meals cooked for you, automatic hand sanitizers on the walls, washing machines and dryers, air conditioning (some rooms are like freezers!), hoover back-packs, a lovely library (with an amazing couch), swings on the deck, a kitchen for the crew with 6 ovens, multiple kitchen aids (!), a state of the art hospital, a functioning x-ray machine, a well-equipped lab, a list of blood donors, a snack bar and last but not least - Starbucks! We finished the tour just in time for the evening meeting after which we quickly moved towards the Starbucks. Finally! It took me 4 months to get Becky there! But I did it. And we enjoyed. I'm not much of a coffee drinker myself, but I do enjoy the occasional flavored coffee and definitely enjoy a mint hot chocolate. Good times. Thanks Allison and Maggie for hosting!! I owe you one. The funniest part was probably the Ghurka chasing us off of the ship. All fun and games.

No comments:

~ Act Justly. Love Mercy. Walk Humbly. micah 6:8 ~