Monday, June 12, 2006

back in SL...

I made it back to Sierra Leone- with a one day stop in Liberia. (That's what happens when you use free flights...that don't connect well). My mom and I stayed at the ELWA compound in Monrovia- which was fun to see...and it was on the beach! Not a bad lay over.

Last week Dr Rick Rogers (pediatrician from Tyler) was still here and so we were in the clinic together- which is quite fun. It's a blessing to be able to discuss cases face to face with another doctor! And to know that sometimes there really isn't an answer or solution to the problem.

Today was my first day alone in the clinic. And what a day it was. I worked non-stop from 8am till 6pm. And saw 52 patients throughout the day. Pretty much your usual stuff... malnutrition, malaria, respiratory tract infections, etc. Yes, it was a VERY busy, hectic day. But at the end of the day I feel good knowing I could help so many children.

More next time...

No comments:

~ Act Justly. Love Mercy. Walk Humbly. micah 6:8 ~