Saturday, October 27, 2007

I was seen in the metro...


NPA is on! NPA is the National Power Authority. Basically it means we are getting electricity from the city, rather than our generator; something that doesn’t happen on a daily basis. This is one of the things that people are looking to the new government for – 24 hour power! Anyway, seeing as we don’t turn our generator on during the day it is a pleasant surprise to have electricity right now. Of course, it could go off at any second. But so far it’s been on for 4 hours straight.

Anyway, no – there is no metro in Sierra Leone. However, a friend of mine got a hold of me on msn chat and told me he saw my picture in the ‘Metro’ newspaper in Amsterdam this week. So, since I have some time to kill I thought I’d try and see if I could find it online. And I did. The picture is one of the one’s Robin Utrecht took (see previous entry). The article itself is obviously in Dutch so most of you can’t read it. It’s not actually about the work we do here, but a general piece on projects in developing countries. I still thought it was fun they used a picture from the clinic.

No comments:

~ Act Justly. Love Mercy. Walk Humbly. micah 6:8 ~