Tuesday, January 22, 2008

28 years with Mercy Ships...

Has it really been 28 years? Well, for my parents it has been!

When I looked at my parents’ website today I was reminded (& surprised) that it was 28 years ago that my family joined Mercy Ships. On January 14, 1980 we (apparently) packed our suitcases and flew to Greece to join the M/V Anastasis there; seeing as I was 2 years old at the time, I don’t have any memories of this exciting journey. However, that journey was just the beginning of many. The Anastasis was home for 14 years and took me to over 40 different countries! And now, years later, life’s journey has taken me back to Mercy Ships- but now working at a land base in Sierra Leone. And so the journey continues…

(That’s me on the bottom right of the picture!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sandra, you remain an inspiration, as do your mum and dad... Hang in there!

Anonymous said...

Sandra, are you and Mariska the two "children" who have lived the longest on board a Mercy Ship?

~ Act Justly. Love Mercy. Walk Humbly. micah 6:8 ~