Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Hottest run in a long time...

I just came back from a 20 minute run.
It was hot.
I am exhausted.
It was the hottest run in a long time.
What am I saying?
It’s one of the first runs in a long time.
Who was saying they wanted to run a 10k in January???
Well, that didn’t happen.
Early November my running partner got sick.
In December she went home.
Since then I haven’t been running.
Noone at the team house to run with.
And I don’t like being out alone around dusk.
So, it has been a long time.
Last Friday was the first run in about 3 months.
Today the second.
I feel drained.
Yet in some strange way it feels good too.
Exercise.
Sea breeze.
Sun.
Fresh air.

It was worth it.
And now, the day is done.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great to take you for a run San
Keep it up

genae said...

i'm in that "it would feel great...i just have to get there" state concerning running and exercising at the moment.

i need to get past that.....hah.

wish i was there to run on the beach with you!

~ Act Justly. Love Mercy. Walk Humbly. micah 6:8 ~