Monday, December 08, 2008

Doctor needed...


I feel like I am getting a little desperate when it gets to the point that I need to advertise on my blog for a position but here it goes. It’s worth a try. To put things simply- I need a doctor to come and help out in the clinic since no one is lined up for all of 2009. If I can’t find anyone it means running the clinic on my own again (which means turning away even more patients at the gate everyday and more stress again for me). It would also mean possible having to close the clinic when I go on holiday – I have been advised not to cancel my holiday – since it’ll have been 9 months without. ANYWAY- see if you think you know someone who meets the criteria and might be interested. Otherwise you can simply join me in PRAYER that God will send the suitable person my/our way. Thanks!

Some info: Mercy Ships is seeking a volunteer doctor to work in a land based outpatient clinic for children 12 years old and under in Freetown, Sierra Leone as of early January 2009. The outpatient clinic’s mission is to serve as a primary care facility for the children of the Aberdeen community as well as in the Greater Freetown area. The doctors and national nurses provide initial diagnosis, treatment, and immunizations, seeing an average of 55-60 patients per day. Most children are treated as outpatients. Those needing admission are referred to hospitals with in-patient care. Criteria: The ideal candidate should have a valid doctor’s license, preferably 2 years post graduate experience, is committed to serve the poor by following the example of Jesus, and could commit to serving with us for 6-12 months. Shorter posts (minimum of 2 months) are sometimes available. Experience in a cross cultural setting and in pediatric medicine would be helpful but is not required. Candidates must cover travel costs to and from Sierra Leone, room and board at the team house and have health insurance.

Trusting Him...

No comments:

~ Act Justly. Love Mercy. Walk Humbly. micah 6:8 ~