Friday, January 16, 2009

And then there was one...

My colleague left today.
Strange.
After a year and a half of 2 doctors in the pediatric clinic, we're down to one.
Me.
For months I (along with some others) have been trying to find another doctor to come out.

So far no luck.
I guess I need to be thankful for the past 1 1/2 years!
Thanks Annekoos, Luzanne and Anna for your hard work!
For now, I will continue on my own; praying for someone to join me.
It's a shame really, because it means cutting down patient numbers.
It also means more stress for me and no one to discuss cases with.
I have decided to take in 35 patients a day plus review cases.
It's strange: before I experienced the luxury of 2 doctors, I was seeing 50+ patients on my own per day. I guess that was before I knew any better; I didn't have a choice in the matter. It was also a very stressful time with many moments that I felt I couldn't continue! Which is also why we decided to find a second doctor.

So, to sum up, I am seriously still hoping a doctor will come out.
In the meantime I decided to take care of myself a bit, as well as the children, and put up boundaries.
35 kids per day.

Plus review cases.
That's my limit.
The question is, will I be able to stick to it when I face the long line of children Monday morning?!

No comments:

~ Act Justly. Love Mercy. Walk Humbly. micah 6:8 ~