Monday, September 17, 2012

Reunion after 416 days...


Today is exactly 416 days since I last saw my parents. I think this is the longest I've gone without seeing them. 416 days ago we said goodbye in Denver, Colorado after spending two weeks with my brother and family. I had no idea when I would see them again, with me living in Sierra Leone and my parents living in Haiti. Up until three weeks ago, we were hoping we would see each other in January. However, things worked out differently. My trip back to Sierra Leone was delayed meaning I had to stay in Holland till the 28th and my parents were due to arrive today. So here we are, reunited at last! It was great to join my sister in the car to Brussels airport and have some time to talk and it was fun to surprise my parents by meeting them at the airport. I think secretly they expected I'd be there and probably would have been disappointed had I not been there! We've had some laughs already, play time with my nieces (their grandkids) and we'll have more great moments to come. I'm thankful for this unexpected time with family!!! God has turned a disappointing situation (the delay back to Freetown) into a happy occasion.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sandra...isn't it wonderful how God orchestrates our days? I'm so thrilled for you...AND for your wonderful parents, that you are all together! Praying that this time together is beyond special.... Love you...Cherie

~ Act Justly. Love Mercy. Walk Humbly. micah 6:8 ~