Thursday, October 04, 2012

Exam Day: T-12 hours...

Wow. It's almost time. My bag is packed: HB pencils, eraser and exam number. 12 hours from now I will be at Connaught Hospital waiting for the final instructions before I write my exam. I have stopped studying for now. It is time to eat some dinner, take a break and get a good nights sleep. 

I have no idea how this will go. I feel well prepared, however, I also know they can test anything under the sun and there is the dreaded NEGATIVE marking and the odd ambiguous question here and there. This is one of those exams that I feel like I could study another 6 months for and probably would still not know nearly enough! Oh the world of medicine is so big. I keep having to remind myself that I am doing this with the hopes that it'll ultimately, eventually, in the long-run, improve paediatric health in Sierra Leone. 

This sure has been an interesting journey so far and it is only the beginning. I'm still not sure what I am getting myself into. I'll battle the first hurdle tomorrow and then take it from there. Thanks for prayers, encouragement and support! Fingers crossed.

No comments:

~ Act Justly. Love Mercy. Walk Humbly. micah 6:8 ~