Thursday, July 24, 2008

Busy birthday...

Another birthday come and gone. This one was busy; filled with patients, 4 songs, 5 desserts, phone messages/calls and friends. A great day!

It started at 6am...with a text message from home.
Then b-day wishes from my house mates.
A happy birthday song in the car on the way to work.
Then more singing by my mom and Terri in their office.
Followed by yet another song from my staff in the outpatient clinic.
Then the work started; lots of follow-up cases.
A roll of chocolate cookies that appeared on my desk! : )
Very busy, no time for lunch (but ate the cookies) and finally done at 4pm.
Satisfying day with the patients.
I had hoped to take staff out for ice cream at 3, it was 430 instead.
We piled into the landcruiser and went to Montana's.
I happened to meet a friend there who had just bought me a little cake.
She was going to drop it off at work. How thoughtful!
After ice cream I headed to my parent's place.
We talked, I opened some gifts, we shared the little cake I had received.
And after 30 minutes it was time to head off again.
Only then did I hear my mom had made a cheesecake! (we'll eat it tomorrow!)
Rushed home, ate dinner, had a shower and headed out again, to Bible Study.
Seeing as that's where my friends would be, it seemed like a logical place to hang out.
Mind you, I did hop out at one point because my brother called from the States.
After Bible Study I was surprised with more dessert...not 1 but 2, and more singing.
One friend made a chocolate cake, another made a killer mint-chocolate pie!
Delicious!
By this time it was almost 10pm...but it's never too late for chocolate.
I ended the day spending some time on skype- talking/chatting with a good friend
And reading emails and facebook messages.
It was definitely a great birthday!

No comments:

~ Act Justly. Love Mercy. Walk Humbly. micah 6:8 ~