Sunday, May 11, 2008

Back in Sierra Leone...

So, on leaving Sierra Leone I had a very pleasant, quiet, breezy ferry trip to the airport but a very long wait for the flight (8 hour delay!). On arriving in Sierra Leone, however, the plane actually arrived 30 min before the official arrival time, but I had a hot, busy, crazy ferry ride back to Freetown. (More about that in the next blog entry!)

In the end I made it safely home to the team house just after 9 pm. Early enough so that I could catch up with friends, get caught up on sleep and then head off to the clinic at 730 the next morning. It’s good to be back. It is so good to see the staff at the center, especially my own clinic staff and it has been great to see patients again. I have already seen a number of kids that I’ve come to know in the past few years, and all I can say is that I absolutely love them and feel privileged to continue reaching out to them.

No comments:

~ Act Justly. Love Mercy. Walk Humbly. micah 6:8 ~