Friday, August 12, 2011

Friday facts...

  • After spotting a triangle of laughing cow cheese on my food tray on the plane, I knew I was heading back to Sierra Leone: land of laughing cow cheese.
  • I put water in the kettle first thing in the morning and switched it on, only to realize that there was no electricity.
  • There are still a lot of dogs outside our compound and annoyingly enough, they all start barking at various times throughout the night, in unison.
  • Due to Ramadan I hear the call to prayer a couple of times in the night. Fortunately it’s pretty soft and I fall back asleep again.
  • I went to the supermarket yesterday to change money. I handed over two bills and in return I got a whole wad of cash.
  • I had a Vimto (soda/soft drink) at Independence Bar in honor of my friend Mikey, who left Salone a few weeks ago.
  • Lunch at the hospital is a choice between bread with either: laughing cow cheese, luncheon meat, baked beans, boiled egg or sardines. I rotate my choice between luncheon meat, cheese and egg.
  • Sierra Leone started a new bus system within Freetown a few months ago and it is a success.

No comments:

~ Act Justly. Love Mercy. Walk Humbly. micah 6:8 ~