Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Sierra Leone Election Results to be announced soon…

93% of the of polling stations have reported their results

APC (All People’s Congress) is ahead at 44%, SLPP (Sierra Leone People’s Party) follows close behind at 38%. This is not a huge surprise I guess; everyone expected these two parties to get the most votes. However, what these results do mean is that there will most likely be a run off. If neither party has a 55% lead, a run-off is inevitable. From what I have understood so far this would mean another 2 weeks of campaigning for both parties followed by another voting day in the beginning of September. I’m not so sure what to think of this yet…


More to follow...

1 comment:

labamba said...

I searched the internet and googled "Sierra Leone Elections Results"... YOU(Not the BBC, VOA, etc, etc) were the most recent update...sigh! I know your blog is just personal but i want to thank you as I am at a loss for info on what's going on back there. Some of ur other stories are quite interesting too. Keep it up! x - Chernoh,
Sydney, Aus

~ Act Justly. Love Mercy. Walk Humbly. micah 6:8 ~