Monday, June 11, 2012

My prized possession...

I have come to realize that my prized possession is my laptop. I don't want it to break, get lost or get stolen! Obviously, I don't wish that on any of my things, but a laptop is dear. Just think about all of the information on it - the documents, the photos, etc. And add up the number of hours spent using it and the inconvenience of not being able to use a laptop for work. And the hassle of needing to replace it - the money, the logistics, a mule to haul it to Sierra Leone etc. No thanks!


Last night, while trying to get some work done on the computer, I noticed the top right corner of my screen turning white! Slowly the 'infection' spread from one side to the other. From the right side to the left side my screen clouded over and subsequently froze. I had never seen anything like it. I turned the laptop off, waited a few moments and turned it on again. The screen looked fine, the color was back and everything seemed normal. Normal until I noticed that in the top right corner a white blotch appeared and the screen began clouding over, from right to left in the timeframe of about 20 seconds. What was going on?! I decided it was 10:30 pm and there was nothing I could do about it. I decided to switch the computer off and let it rest. I said a quick prayer, hoping that my laptop would be okay, praying that I would have at least 5 minutes in the morning to update my backup.

This morning it was time for the test. After arriving in the office and picking up the external harddrive I was ready to go. If only my computer would cooperate... It did! Not only was I able to backup my work files, I had plenty of time to backup all of my personal files, and up until now, my screen has been fine. Let's hope it was a one off issue! I really can't afford to have a malfunctioning laptop at the moment. Thanks God.

No comments:

~ Act Justly. Love Mercy. Walk Humbly. micah 6:8 ~