Friday, February 20, 2009

Flight of the Gibbon...


Zip-lining has got to be one of the most exciting activities I’ve done yet. Initially I wasn’t so sure if this was something I would have the guts to do, seeing as I am afraid of heights. But after persuading a friend to sign up and paying immediately as not to back out, I started telling myself that I wasn’t going to regret this decision.

Sunday afternoon rolled along and we were picked up by a van to take us on a very windy road right into the jungle. After 1 ½ hours drive we found ourselves surrounded by rainforest.

The Flight of the Gibbon is a unique way to experience the rainforest canopy; on zip lines and skybridges. From high above the forest floor you view life from a perspective once reserved only for a select group of scientists.

The rainforest is 1500 years old and situated just outside of Chiang Mai, Thailand. There are 18 platforms over a 2 kilometer stretch, which includes 2 skybridges and 3 lowering stations. It is probably the highest of its kind in the world with the highest platform said to be 120 meters from the jungle floor. The longest zip-line was 100 meters long.

No comments:

~ Act Justly. Love Mercy. Walk Humbly. micah 6:8 ~