Saturday, November 03, 2012

Exam Day: The results...

Friends and family already know this of course, but for those of you following this blog and the excessive posts about the exam, I thought I should write something about the results. Unfortunately, after two weeks I found out that I did not pass the exam. I was disappointed of course, but not entirely surprised. It is a tough exam. There were about 280 candidates of which 85 passed. So, a 30% pass rate and I was not among the 30%. I am sure I simply didn't answer enough questions because the negative marking threw me off.

So, for the past 4 weeks I have not studied. I think I picked up my embryology book once, before the results were even out, just to do some reading. Now I have to decide whether or not I will re-sit in April. Part of me says I might as well. I've already studied a lot, gone through it once, so should give it one more go. The other part of me wonders why I want to put myself through all of this again and the many hurdles to come! The thought of failing again is not pleasant. However, I also don't to give up. So, very likely I will start studying again very soon and give it one more go. I'll keep you posted.

In the meantime it's work as usual. Well, kind of as usual. I am off to Ghana this week for a conference that the West African College of Physicians is putting on in partnership with the Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health. The focus is on postgraduate training, which is one of Welbodi's main interests. I will be attending with two colleagues and am hoping for a fun week and lots of useful networking and a visit to Korle Bu hospital and two of our residents there!

2 comments:

Bob (Bingo) Wright said...

"... if at first you don't succeed, try, try again!" Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Hello Sandra i stumbled upon your blog when i tried carrying out a search on study materials for paediatrics primaries for the WACP exams.Words cannot express my joy to know that you were prevailaged to have attended this years revision course at UCH ibadan. I am giving the exams in april next year but the problem is i have no study material neither do i have past questions though i was able to get the curriculum from their office in Lagos, i was wondering if you could share your revision materials or any materials you have on your blog. Best wishes and hope to get a response on this from you.

~ Act Justly. Love Mercy. Walk Humbly. micah 6:8 ~