In the link below you can find an official statement from the National Electoral Commission in Sierra Leone.
Here are some of the highlights (in my opinion as summarized from the above press release):
- Polling officially closed at 5:00 PM in 98% of polling stations nationwide. However, voting went on in the remaining centers after the close of polls. In most cases this was due to larger voter turnout, late commencement of polls and technical problems.
- Generally, polling was reported to be orderly and peaceful in almost all polling stations nationwide.
- In Kambia District polling was disrupted in ward 135 due to honey bees! The polling station was relocated and polling went on peacefully.
- In two wards in the Western region, voting was disrupted due to election malpractices. Arrests were made.
- Reconciliation and counting of ballots commenced immediately after close of polls at polling station level. After counting of ballots, copies of relevant result forms were handed over to all political party agents and observers present for each election in all the polling stations.
- Results in Tamper Evident Envelops from polling stations were collected by polling centre managers at centre level and handed over to the relevant ward coordinators for onward delivery to NEC officials at districts and regional tally centers. Tallying of elections results commenced immediately as elections results were received.
- The elections results from polling stations in the Western Area were received at the Regional Tally Center, Wellington at 3:40 AM on 18th November 2012. Imputing of data began immediately and is ongoing.