Thursday, November 15, 2012

Sierra Leone elections: rallies and provisions...

Okay, so after writing my post yesterday it became much more noisy outside. I think the SLPP supporters started their rally 12 hours early. I made a call to Lumley and all I heard were whistles and loud music in the background. I can only imagine what it will be like today. Up until last night I've kept saying everything will be fine. But I was speaking to a friend last night and he said that today could be interesting. It's the biggest and final rally day and it's the opposition party that’s out on the streets. It could get a little heated here and there . I’m still hopeful for peaceful elections but when the Sierra Leonean I know best says he’s getting a little concerned, it makes me wonder. People say as long as the elections are fair, it will be fine. But, will the party that does not win automatically assume that the elections were not fair and put up a fight? Or will they graciously step down and accept defeat? Time will tell. I did buy provisions yesterday and will buy a few more things today, just in case. Rice, flour, sugar, water, oil, telephone credit, canned foods, fruit etc. Keep praying for peace here. I think that likely which ever party will win, Sierra Leone will move forward.

This article displays SLPP’s views and talks about issues like economic pressure. It’s true, prices have gone up over the years, but maybe they would have no matter who was in the lead. It’s always hard to say if another party/president would have led the country in a better direction or not. I think every leader is going to have a challenging time ensuring economic growth, stability, employment , no corruption, etc. Let’s face it, there’s an awful lot that needs to be done here. May the best candidate for this time win and let’s hope everyone views the election process as being fair! 46 hours from now the polls open...


http://www.voanews.com/content/sierra-leone-election-opposition-slpp/1545186.html

1 comment:

taihapedude said...

stay safe Sandra!- Grant

~ Act Justly. Love Mercy. Walk Humbly. micah 6:8 ~