Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Sierra Leone elections: Waiting for results...

The rumor going around this afternoon was that the presidential election results would be announced at 5 pm today. Then 6 pm. Then 7 pm. It is now 7:36 pm and nothing has been announced. Ugh. And I was supposed to go out tonight. Not sure if I should still go with a small chance they may still announce results, or stay put and be 100% safe. I wish they would officially announce when they will officially announce the results. This could go on for days. The problem is, I think that if they do announce it in the evening, they would probably enforce a curfew as well, in which case I wouldn't want to be stuck out. Oh elections. I shouldn't complain. As long as everything stays peaceful, I should be happy. Soon it will all be over and life will carry on as usual. Please pray for peace and that the two main parties will be gracious and that they will accept the results. Stay tuned...

No comments:

~ Act Justly. Love Mercy. Walk Humbly. micah 6:8 ~